Ten subtle and not so subtle ways they let you know you’re just a booty call:
1) they only text when they want sex. (No brainer right?!? The first stage is acceptance people.)
2) they don’t see you out, instead they yell something incoherently from another part of the house as you exit their door at 2am.
3) they want to share you with their friends. (#jokingnotjoking)
4) when you show up at their house and there is evidence of a date taking place just hours prior.
5) they only text you when they want sex. (Denial denial denial)
6) they don’t take you out to movies, for coffee or walks. (Aka if you can’t be naked they won’t be taking you there)
7) they don’t ask about your kids, your job, your anything. (Or if they do its just to bridge the gap to the awkward goodbye that they are yelling incoherently from another room.)
8) they tell you they miss your kitty but not you.
9) they don’t text you in between those texts about them wanting to get together to have sex.
10) they tell you they’ve met someone…and it’s not you…but still text you when they want sex.
If you’re still not sure, friends are pretty good at giving feedback if you can take the honesty. All of these red flags though are only red flags if you want them to be. Not everyone is looking for a relationship, some are just interested in a place to let go, and if you are happy with pleasure alone they’ll be no judgment from me. But if you’re wondering if you’re just a booty call, you’re already most likely in some form of smitten denial.
And I totally can’t relate. (Insert sarcastic eye rolling emoji here.)
No matter how you look at it though, you know you’re fucked. Now that’s just bare honesty.
photo from tumblr
This excerpt is from a series I began on getting back into dating after nearly twenty years of being out of the dating loop, some are my personal experiences, some have been relayed to me by others, some will make your jaw hang open in disgust, some will make you giggle, others will hopefully make you think…enjoyhttp://my.w.tt/UiNb/bUkypHdSGx
; the beginning of the series starts here on Wattpad